About Tom Quinn
Tom Quinn – Owner /Director
Tom has over fiftteen years of experience working in the fitness/healthcare industry, starting his career in the personal training industry and for the past eight years has been working in sports medicine and rehabilitation. He holds a BSc (Hons) in Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy from Institute of Technnology Carlow and an MSc in Sports Performance from University of Limerick.
Tom has a passion for understanding human movement whether it be in the rehabilitation or sports performance setting. He specialises in rehabilitation, strength & conditioning, injury prevention, applied biomechanics in sports performance and boxing coaching. He has worked as a part-time lecturer on the Sports Science and Athletic Rehabilitation Therapy BSc (Hons) programmes at Athlone Institute of Technology and since 2017 has been on the organising committee of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (FSCM) annual conference based in the Royal College of Surgeons.
In the clinical setting Tom has a special interest in sports and orthopaedic medicine, low back pain disorders and dry needling of myofascial trigger points. Aside from working with athletes, Tom specialises in providing expert treatment and rehabilitation for all types of musculoskeletal and orthopaedic conditions affecting all age groups.
Tom’s broad range of experience includes working with:
- Tipperary GAA Senior Hurling Team (2019 All Ireland Championship winning team).
- Laois GAA senior football team (2014/2017).
- Laois GAA senior hurling team (2015/2016).
- Strength & Conditioning (S&C) Coach – Leinster Elite Golf (Midlands region).
- Lead S&C Coach to Laois GAA minor football team (2016/2017)
- S&C Coach /Athletic Therapist (Athletics) – Irish National Indoor High Jump Champion and 2016 European Championship qualifier Barry Pender and 2017 European qualifier in 400m Sprint events Jamie Pender.
- Personal Trainer to Irish Olympic boxer Francis Barrett and Irish heavyweight Champion boxer Coleman Barrett.
- Personal Trainer to elite international level athletes (swimming and sailing) in New Zealand.
- Intern with the Irish Olympic boxing team (Physio department) during preparation for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Intern S&C Coach at Armagh GAA under former Irish Rugby S&C Coach Mike McGurn.
- Athletic Therapist to a number of Leinster based GAA clubs including – St Oliver Plunketts GAA, St Judes GAA, Abbeyleix GAA, Stradbally GAA, James Stevens GAA.