Gait Analysis & Running Performance
Running Performance Program
What is it?
An evidence-based strength and conditioning program designed specifically to improve running performance. Video gait analysis is used to ensure that the individual’s unique strengths and weaknesses are addressed.
- Clinical and gym based testing to establish individual needs.
- Functional movement, flexibility, core strength and reactive strength assessments.
- Physiotherapy based treatments.
- Running specific strength and conditioning.
- Core strength and stability training.
- Running technique coaching.
- Personalised home exercise program.
- Re-assessments (video analysis).
- Access to online video library via dartfish.
What are the benefits?
- Improved performance and function.
- Reduced injury rates.
- Increased flexibility and strength.
- Improved core strength and stability.
- Improved balance and coordination.
- Improved running economy (requiring less energy to perform more work).
- Improved movement efficiency
- Reactive strength development ( increased ability of the muscle-tendon complex to absorb ground reaction forces and utilise elastic energy).
- Improved landing mechanics (heel strike v’s forefoot strike).
- Improved power output per stride.
- Education: Increased knowledge in the science of running biomechanics
- Education: Develop lifelong skills on how maintain physical performance and reduce injury rates.
Investment: 60.00 euro per session (60 mins)