Strength & Conditioning
Strength & Conditioning
Strength and conditioning (S&C) is a scientifically based profession focused on the development of physical performance using resistance training, aerobic training and a variety of other methods including movement re-education, flexibility, speed and agility development. We offer a professional strength and conditioning service for athletes or individuals wishing to optimize performance in their chosen sport or activity.
S&C programming includes:
- An initial consultation to determine a needs analysis, injury history, short and long term training goals.
- Specific assessment based on the sport or individuals’ needs analysis. This may include: biomechanics, strength, power, endurance, flexibility, core strength/stability, energy system capacity, or whichever dominant bio-motor abilities your sport or activity requires.
- One-on-one coaching in our onsite gym facility.
- Coaching and education on correct technique for all exercises (reinforced with video examples).
- Individually designed program in hard copy and digital format.
- Ongoing support including program progression and monitoring.
S&C programming – How it works:
To start an individual on a S&C program three sessions are required initially. Progression to subsequent phases on the program and ongoing monitoring of the program take place typically every four to six weeks making sure the program is progressing and that goals are consistently being hit. We have found this system to be the most efficient and cost-effective method for individual clients.
Who will it benefit?
- Athletes aiming to maximise physical performance, improve robustness, improve recovery and reduce risk of injury.
- Anyone wishing to improve strength, increase lean body mass, decrease body fat, decrease metabolic risk factors, improve function in work/recreational activities.
- Adults with osteoarthritis involved in low-level exercise (eg walkers) who wish to build strength, endurance and reduce pain.
- Adults suffering with osteoporosis or osteopenia – strength training has been proven to improve bone mineral density.
- Children/adolescents – Youth strength and conditioning programs have been shown to increase self confidence, facilitate weight control, increase muscular, bone and connective tissue strength, improve cardiovascular risk profile and improve psychological well being.
Individual S&C session (1 hour) – 60.00 euro
4 x S&C sessions (1 hour) + individual program – special offer 225.00 euro
8 x S&C sessions (1 hour) + individual program – special offer 400.00 euro