Tom Quinn – Owner /Director
Tom has over fifteen years of experience working in the fitness and health industry including working for the past nine years in sports medicine/rehabilitation. He has a BSc (Hons) Degree in Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy from Carlow I.T and a Masters Degree in Sports Performance from the University of Limerick. Tom specialises in rehabilitation and strength and conditioning. His career has included working with a diverse range of athletes from elite level boxing and inter-county level GAA to international level competitors in athletics and golf. He has worked as a lecturer on the BSc (Hons) Sports Science and Athletic Rehabilitation Therapy programmes at Athlone Institute of Technology and has been on the organising committee of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (FSCM) annual conference based in the Royal College of Surgeons since 2017. In the clinical setting Tom has a special interest in sports and musculoskeletal rehabilitation, ACL rehab and prevention, low back pain disorders and dry needling of myofascial trigger points.
- Tipperary GAA Senior Hurling Team (2019 All Ireland Championship winning team).
- Laois GAA senior football team (2014/2017).
- Laois GAA senior hurling team (2015/2016).
- Strength & Conditioning (S&C) Coach – Leinster Elite Golf (Midlands region).
- Lead S&C Coach to Laois GAA minor football team (2016/2017)
- S&C Coach /Athletic Therapist (Athletics) – Irish National Indoor High Jump Champion and 2016 European Championship qualifier Barry Pender and 2017 European qualifier in 400m Sprint events Jamie Pender.
- Personal Trainer to Irish Olympic boxer Francis Barrett and Irish heavyweight Champion boxer Coleman Barrett.
- Personal Trainer to elite international level athletes from swimming and sailing (City Fitness – Napier) New Zealand.
- Intern with the Irish Olympic boxing team (Physio department) during preparation for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Intern S&C Coach at Armagh GAA under former Irish Rugby S&C Coach Mike McGurn.
- Athletic Therapist to a number of Leinster based GAA clubs including – St Oliver Plunketts GAA, St Judes GAA, Abbeyleix GAA, Stradbally GAA, James Stevens GAA.